• Most commonly, a minor requires a guardian or conservator when: both parents have died, to accept an inheritance, to receive a settlement from a lawsuit, to qualify for insurance coverage, consent to medical treatment, or make decisions about education.

Filing Fees (unless accompanied by a Motion for Leave to Proceed In Forma Pauperis)

$75.50 (without money)

$125.50 (with money)

Additional Forms

All cases also require a Civil Case Cover Sheet which can be found here.

Orders are not available online – they will be provided at time of filing.

  • Guardianship/Conservator Hearings are held on Monday afternoons.  Please refer to your scheduled date and time assigned during filing.

***Reminder – Our office is prohibited from providing legal advice. You may contact the Northern Kentucky Bar Association (Lawyer Referral Service) @ (859781-1525 or for Civil Cases Legal Aid of the Bluegrass (Civil Legal Assistance) @ (859) 431-8200, or for Criminal Cases the Public Defender’s Office 1-833-385-6054 or contact a private attorney.  There is also a FREE Legal Help Center on the 2nd floor of the Justice Center on Wednesdays from 11 am until 2 pm.