• Disability proceedings are confidential cases that determine whether a person, needs someone to manage their medical and/or financial affairs.
  • An interdisciplinary team will examine the respondent prior to trial. This team consists of a licensed physician, a licensed or certified psychologist and a licensed or certified social worker or employee of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. The court appoints the psychologist and the social worker. You must provide the name and address of the licensed physician.

Filing Fees (unless accompanied by a Motion for Leave to Proceed In Forma Pauperis): $171.84

  • There is an additional fee for service of process depending up the service method you choose.
  • Please review the following disability forms to determine what information you may need:

AOC-740 Petition to Determine if Disabled
AOC-745 Application for Appointment of Fiduciary for Disabled Person
AOC-034 Personal Identifier Data Sheet

Confidentiality – 

  • All court records in disability proceedings are confidential except:
    • Orders of appointment,
    • Judgments,
    • Orders affecting judgments. KRS 387.770(1).
  • Any person seeking to obtain confidential information contained in the court files or records may file a written motion stating why the information is needed.  A log of individuals and entities granted access to the files or records by court order is kept by the Circuit Clerk.

Additional forms in adult guardianship cases
Fiduciary Bond – Form AOC-825
60 Day Inventory or Supplemental Inventory

Biennial Report  * contact Clerk’s office for additional form required

Final Accounting Report

Annual Report of Guardian
Petition for Relief, Modification or Termination

All cases also require a Civil Case Cover Sheet which can be found here.

***Reminder – Our office is prohibited from providing legal advice. You may contact the Northern Kentucky Bar Association (Lawyer Referral Service) @ (859781-1525 or for Civil Cases Legal Aid of the Bluegrass (Civil Legal Assistance) @ (859) 431-8200, or for Criminal Cases the Public Defender’s Office 1-833-385-6054 or contact a private attorney.  There is also a FREE Legal Help Center on the 2nd floor of the Justice Center on Wednesdays from 11 am until 2 pm.