• Kenton County now accepts electronic filing of Small Claims cases from all parties.  If you want to file a Small Claims case without an attorney (pro se), check out how to do so here.
  • These cases settle disputes involving money or property valued at $2,500.00 or less (this amount does not include court costs or interest).
  • When seeking guidance or instruction we suggest you refer to our Small Claims Handbook for more detailed information. You may also use the Ky Access to Justice guided interview process here.
  • If mailing, please be sure to include:
    • all fees, documentation, and notarized paperwork, where applicable.
    • an accurate phone number to enable us to contact you regarding your court date.
  • Please note that if you fail to provide proper documentation, fees or notarization your case will not be filed and will be returned to you. We recommend you come in person when filing.

Filing Fees (unless accompanied by a Motion for Leave to Proceed In Forma Pauperis) :  

             $65.50 + service fee(s)

Small Claims Complaint – Form AOC-175

  • To ensure the defendant(s) is served with the summons, please make sure all information is legible and accurate with correct spelling and address of defendant(s).
  • Small Claim cases are typically heard on Tuesdays at 1:30 pm.  You will be provided a court date when filing, however, you may contact our office for verification.

Additional Forms

***Reminder – Our office is prohibited from providing legal advice. You may contact the Northern Kentucky Bar Association (Lawyer Referral Service) @ (859781-1525 or for Civil Cases Legal Aid of the Bluegrass (Civil Legal Assistance) @ (859) 431-8200, or for Criminal Cases the Public Defender’s Office 1-833-385-6054 or contact a private attorney.  There is also a FREE Legal Help Center on the 2nd floor of the Justice Center on Wednesdays from 11 am until 2 pm.