Kenton Family Court
230 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
Covington, Kentucky 41011
PHONE: (859) 292-6523 Ext 540
FAX: (859) 292-6639
Welcome to Kenton County Family Court. Family Court handles adoption, custody, dependency, neglect and abuse, child support, divorce, domestic violence (EPO/DVO), interpersonal protection (TIPO/IPO) and paternity cases.
- Processing complaints, petitions, and motions
- Processing of emergency custody petitions
- Processing of emergency/interpersonal protection petitions
- Posting and refunding of bonds
- Collecting filings fees, court costs
- Processing expungements – (EPO/TIPO)
- Confirming court dates, time and room (if permitted)
- Processing appeals
- Fulfilling copy request (files and audio/video)
We are happy to provide information in person or over the phone, if permitted. However, many family court cases are confidential. By law in confidential cases, we must confirm by photo ID that you are a party in the case before we disclose any information. Unfortunately because of this requirement we are unable to provide ANY information in confidential cases over the phone.
***Reminder – Our office is prohibited from providing legal advice. You may contact the Northern Kentucky Bar Association (Lawyer Referral Service) @ (859) 781-1525 or Legal Aid of the Bluegrass (Civil Legal Assistance) @ (859) 431-8200, or contact a private attorney for further information.